Saturday 18 October 2008

Meeting new people

This hotel is pretty much full of people from my programme, so it's going to be a few days until I really get the full Thai experience since I'm going to be surrounded by Americans for the next week.
Had dinner with two girls from the Boston area, go figure I manage to find girls from the city I lived in for four years! It's kind of like being in the first year of university again, everyone's just running around the hallways desperate to meet new people. At least it's a good conversation starter. If they're clearly Western (i.e. white...haven't seen any other ethnic groups represented as of yet) and look as wide eyed as me, it's a pretty safe bet to ask "are you here with CIEE?" 
Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've just read all three of your posts so far in one go and am loving hearing about everything!! It's nice that you've met people to have dinner with and talk to so you're not there alone...

I am very excited to how the upcoming week goes for you :)

Missing you lots - will email my address for potential postcards - and once you have an address out there please do let me have it so I can send care packages!! xoxox