Sunday 5 April 2009

Travelling family

I've talked a lot about where I've been going over the last few weeks but not that much about the people I've been sharing the experience with.
This is where I get all emotional about how great friends are...stop if you've heard this before, bottom line is - the friends I've had with me here are the bomb.
The places I've seen have been amazing but this experience would not have been nearly as fun if it weren't for the people I've been with.
Juliet - one of the first people I met when I arrived in Thailand so many months ago now who will always keep me entertained with her drama from getting her passport lost by the Laos immigration office to swimming half drunk down the Mekong river with a broken hand... :)
Calvin - The youngest of our 'family' yet still the 'dad' somehow, whose feet haven't touched a pair of shoes in months. (By the way Calvin you're rubbing off on me, I've been barefoot since arriving in Koh Phangan)
Matt - I don't think he knows why he stuck with us for six weeks, but we're so happy he did, even if he did get a bit grumpy sometimes. ;)
Claudia - In Claudia I've managed to find someone with almsot the exact same ideas as me about what traveling should be like. Thanks to her I've got someone to go see Vietnam with and to hopefully get a job with!
Zoe - She wasn't with us for nearly as long as I would have liked but my time in Van Vieng wouldn't have been the same without her, as well as the rest of Laos of course!
Chris - I think he was healthy for about two days of the five weeks I knew him... Moral of the story, M-150 is dangerous stuff....
Patrick - The 'talented bastard' whose guitar skills have kept me entertained many a night..
Sophie, Claudia and George - My lovely London friends who I have joined in the islands for a week or so who remind me of what I miss from home.
These are the people who are in all my photos that I will one day manage to post, and they are the people who have made this the best trip of my life. Can you taste the cheese yet?! Whatever, deal with it.

No comments: