Monday 9 February 2009

Hi, my name is Marianne and..

I'm a podcast addict. 

I listen to them every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to bed. You might too if your only television channels were 24-hour news. Yes I like the news too, but sometimes I'd rather watch an episode of Rocketboom, or hear about why it is so hard to say "toy boat" three times fast from "Stuff You Should Know." I mention both of those podcasts because along with the "Best of Today" they're my favourite programmes and I am always anxiously awaiting the next ten minutes of Internet I'll get so that I can download new episodes. 

So here's what I'm listening to/watching, in case you ever wonder where I get all these random conversation topics:

ABC World News

Best of Today (The BBC Radio Today Show)

Best of YouTube

Cook's Illustrated Video Podcast

The Economist

The Feed Video Podcast

Friday Night Comedy from BBC Radio 4

Front Page (NYTimes)

LearnItalianPod.com (ok, I haven't really started listening to this one yet, I'm trying to focus on my Thai at the moment, but I have all kinds of great plans to start learning Italian)

NBC Nightly News Video

The New Yorker Animated Cartoons

NPR: Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me

NPR: World Story of the Day

Onion News Network Video

Onion Radio News

President Obama's Weekly Address Video

Rocketboom

Stave V Videocast

Stephn Fry's PODGRAMS

Stuff You Should Know

ViroPOP - A Green Video Network

Wild Chronicles Digital Shorts

Yoga Today

Yogajournal.com

20 min. Yoga Sessions

There you have it. The 20-odd programmes that keep me connected and therefore sane. 

Second Tha Wang Pha video coming to a blog near you soon I promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's quite a list. I'm assuming some are pretty short, but even so ...

Btw - you piz on your blog page isn't showing up in my browser .. it's been taht way for a week or so i guess.

Anonymous said...

*pic