Wednesday 25 February 2009

Thai Royalty

So one of the princesses is coming to our school this Friday. Which means there have been no classes all week because they use their students as manual labour instead of hiring people for that. So we have new Zen gardens, white and purple sashes EVERYWHERE (I hope she likes purple...) ALL the building have been repainted including the water tower - all by students. Princess Margaret came to visit my school once when I was younger and I don't remember being allowed to miss a week of classes to clean up! Although I probably would not have volunteered to climb into the roof with a paint brush attached to a 20 foot pole to paint the wall....

Friday is also our last day of "school" obviously there will not actually BE school, details, details. I was given strict advice on what to wear. No jewelry allowed including rings in case it's a weapon. 

A lot of things are happening on Friday. Thai royalty, the end of my school days in Thaiand, and, as it happens, my good friend Amanda heads off to the Peace Corps in Africa to help save the world like I know she can. Not a bad day overall. 

No comments: