Thursday 11 December 2008

I just called to say...

It is so nice to be reminded that some people are in fact reading this blog and that they even get worried when I don't post. Last night I received a phone call from my lovely friend Naomi in London, calling to say hi and to make sure everything was okay due to the lack of blog updates. Now that is friendship. To my other readers...I love you all, and I'm sure you love me too...but maybe I would feel more secure about that love if I saw some more comments on my blog posts. That's all it takes people. Oh yea, and a care package. Am I being too needy here?

So to calm Naomi's and any other concerned friend/relative out there's nerves, here is my new blog post to show that I haven't in fact been taken into the jungle to be used in a non-existent cannibalistic ritual. 

There is a lot to catch up on, which means I will probably skip over some of the more insignificant events of the past couple of weeks. Like Sports Day. Was made out to be a huge deal - is more like moderately organised chaos. The students were split into colours and in each colour about 50 students competed in sports like running, high jump and javelin toss. The rest of the student body either skipped school, hung out doing nothing, or were one of the lucky (unlucky?) few to be sat on the bleachers all day waving pom-poms and cheering. The excitement for me was contained to dancing around on the stages in front of the bleachers, and getting to run in the teacher's relay. Remember on sports day at school (if you had a sports day...this may be lost on a lot of my American readers) the teachers had a race, the sole purpose of which was to give the students something to laugh at? Well welcome to the other side of the coin. But since teachers apparently cannot run even half a lap around a track, I barely had time to speed up in my leg before I had to hand my baton over. My team came in second but I still maintain that Kelly's team had an unfair victory because they had one less person. Cheaters. But I'm not bitter. 

The rest of the weekend was relatively calm in Tha Wang Pha. Juliette came to visit from Chang Rai to escape the city and come hang out in the countryside for a day. The two of us ventured out on my bike for an unintentionally romantic sunset before going out to dinner with the group followed by the usual evening ritual of entertaining ourselves outside our apartment building. 

This past weekend was significantly more eventful, but probably deserves it's own post, so sit back, maybe go get some food, or go to work depending on what time you are reading this. Maybe by the time you come back I will have some new posts about my adventures. 

3 comments:

Kara said...

Miss you :) There, now you know for sure I love you.

Anonymous said...

Let's see next weekend

Anonymous said...

So glad you're ok honey! Did you also receive my email with the latest news from London?